Customer information - Updated 21th May 2021
We are now open
Please find below information on Inverclyde Leisure phased reopening.
Is it safe to return to the centres?
Yes, we’re confident in our ability to minimise the risk of infection and keep both our members and employees safe. We ask that customer adhere to the safety signage displayed and maintain a safe physical distance whilst using our facilities.
Members and casual users will be able to book into the reduced capacity sessions. Bookings can be made via the website or IL app. https://www.inverclydeleisure.com/enterprise/Account/Login
What can I expect the first time I return?
We will continue to ensure your experience is both safe and enjoyable and follow all appropriate Government and Industry guidance.
- A member of staff will be available upon arrival to assist with any questions you may have.
- You will be required to book ahead via the IL app or website to enter the facilities. https://www.inverclydeleisure.com/enterprise/Account/Login.This will ensure we are able to maintain physical distancing. However, if you attend a centre without booking and there is space available for your chosen activity you will be able to participate
- To avoid congregation outside the facility please do not arrive any more than 10 minutes before your booking and if queuing, you will be asked to maintain physical distancing.
- You will require your membership or fob to enter any IL facilities. If you have not booked an activity, you will be required to contact reception.
- As you enter the facility you will see safety signage and directional floor markings. Please take notice of these signs/markings as they are placed around the facilities for your awareness and safety.
- Physical distance spacing will be marked out in all areas and there will be floor markers and other visual reminders throughout the centre.
- Sanitiser stations will be available and will be marked.
- Water stations will be available but only to fill your own water bottle. However, we still ask that, if possible, customers bring their own bottled water with them
- Changing rooms will be opened in our fitness gyms and swimming pools with restricted numbers, however, we still encourage customers to arrive ready for their activity and shower at home if possible
- It is mandatory to assist our staff and your fellow members by wiping down your equipment with the provided cleaning materials before and after use with the cleaning sprays and paper towels (please do not use a personal sweat towel).
- At the conclusion of your workout or class and if not using changing facilities, please exit the building promptly, adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
Why are all our facilities not reopening immediately?
We are reopening our facilities in line with the Scottish Government reopening route map.
We will review this position frequently and keep customers informed of the future reopening plans via our website, IL App and social media platforms.
- All IL gyms and indoor leisure venues reopen restrictions will apply
- Waterfront and Port Glasgow Pools will reopen restrictions will apply
- Gourock Pool will open 7th May - restrictions will apply
- Swimming lesson programme will restart 26th For more information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Ravenscraig Activity Centre X-height and café will reopen 3rd May restrictions will apply
- Restricted changing facilities will be available at venues following guidelines
- Clubhouse at Whinhill Golf course will open restrictions will apply
Outdoor adult contact sport and indoor group exercise can restart
- Park and pitches bookings will be made available to organised groups. Usage and demand will be reviewed continuously and resources allocated appropriately to book email email@example.com
- Group exercise classes will commence in venues across all Inverclyde Leisure facilities restrictions will apply
- Ice rink reopened 21st May with Private and Group lessons scheduled for a return from 21/05/21 onwards
- Soft Play at Ravenscraig Recreation Centre and Boglestone Activity Centre reopen following guidelines
- Café at Waterfront Leisure Complex and Boglestone Activity Centre will reopen
- Indoor non-contact sport can take place restrictions will apply
- Community Centres will reopen and activities will take place in accordance with current Government guidelines
End of June
We hope that that by this time we will have all centres reopened with most activities able to take place dependant on restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government.
We will continually monitor and review further announcements by the Scottish Government on the key points aligned to the transition dates; to ensure we open as quickly as possible and in line with guidance
What will happen with my Direct Debt?
We're getting ready to re-open our doors on the 26th April, and what perfect time to restart your membership and get back down to Inverclyde Leisure. Note that direct debits will automatically restart from the 1st /15th May 2021 as per your normal uplift date. Stay tuned for more details & be sure to follow us on social media for all the latest!
If you have cancelled your Direct Debit you will need to re-join online at https://www.inverclydeleisure.com/enterprise/membership or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Why has the programming and times for some customers / clubs altered?
Due to the restricted and phased approach in our core opening hours and reduced occupancy, Inverclyde Leisure have assessed and altered the facility programmes to meet the needs of government guidance and to control the safety to our customers within our facilities. The programme will be reviewed regularly. This may impact and limit access and ratios to gyms, classes, swimming pools and other activities.
What additional safety measures has Inverclyde Leisure taken to mitigate infection?
All Inverclyde Leisure employees have undertaken Covid-19 awareness and Infection Control training provided by our health and safety consultants.
Sanitisation Stations: We have introduced sanitising stations with antibacterial sprays throughout the building. You must use these when you first arrive and during your visit.
Enhanced Cleaning Process: The centre and equipment will be sanitised regularly throughout the day and will be cleaned every night when the centre closes. Our teams will be carrying out regular cleaning and disinfection regimes throughout the day and between bookable sessions. We are also asking all customers to please clean each piece of equipment before and after use.
Protection: We have installed plastic protective shields at reception desks and will be providing PPE for our staff in line with Public Health guidance.
Social Distancing Measures: There are numerous signs to guide you through our one-way systems and to remind you to keep a safe social distance from employees and customers.
Bookings: where required activities must be pre-booked. This is to ensure there is adequate safe space for you to participate in your chosen activity and to avoid large volumes of people all using the main entrance.
Cashless Payments: To help cut down possible contamination risks, cashless payments are now our preferred method of transaction however cash will still be accepted.
Do I require to wear a face mask in IL facilities?
You must wear a face covering when accessing IL facilities to safeguard the safety to our customer and employees. You will not be expected to use the mask during your activity but we do require you to use it when entering and leaving the premises or if you are walking around the facility (i.e., pool, gym etc) or a corridor, toilet or area where social distancing may be difficult.
You will not be required to wear a mask if you suffer from any of the health-related issues. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Children under the age of 11
- Customers who cannot put on a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability.
Am I healthy and ready for exercise?
As per NHS guidelines we ask you not to attend the facilities if you have any symptoms of coronavirus. If you are waiting for a Covid-19 test result, you’ve tested positive for corona virus or you live with someone/have come in to contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive. You should also note the guidance in our updated Health Commitment Statement.
How many people will be able to attend each session?
The capacity limit is different for every facility and is dependent on the size of the gyms and fitness classes. Capacity levels will be shown on the online booking platform.
What happens if I book a class and can't make it?
If members can't make or attend the class, please cancel your booking via our IL app or the online booking portal.
When will the Town Halls, Community Centres and Community Hubs reopen?
These facilities will reopen on a phased basis when it is safe, viable and the demand is evident to do so. If you have any concerns regarding a pre booked event then please contact the Booking Office by emailing email@example.com
- Birkmyre Gym
- Boglestone Activity Centre
- Gourock Gym
- Gourock Pool
- Greenock Sports Centre
- Lady Octavia Sports Centre
- Port Glasgow Pool
- Ravenscraig Activity Centre
- Waterfront Leisure Complex
- Whinhill Golf
Need to contact us for more information
Please visit our website www.inverclydeleisure.com or download our IL app or go to our social media platforms for more information.
For membership subscription enquires or if you are unable to return to IL facilities at this time or prefer to wait until your current home club has reopened please let us know as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more membership information please contact the membership enquiries team on:
01475797979 (Option 1)
Available between Monday – Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm
For more general enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com should you have any further questions.
Stay safe & Keep active