Frequently Asked Questions
Who will be able to attend the leisure centre?
Existing members and casual users will be able to book into the reduced capacity sessions. Bookings can be made via the website or IL app.
Is it safe to return to the centres?
Yes, we’re confident in our ability to minimise the risk of infection and keep both our members and employees safe. We ask that customer adhere to the safety signage displayed and maintain a safe physical distance whilst using our facilities.
What can I expect the first time I return to the leisure centre?
There will be some changes since your last visit to ensure your experience is both safe and enjoyable.
- A member of staff will be available upon arrival to assist with any questions you may have.
- You are going to have to book ahead via the IL app or website to enter the facilities. This will ensure we are able to maintain physical distancing regulations. https://www.inverclydeleisure.com/enterprise/Account/Login
- You will be able to enter the facility at the commencement of your booked session.
- To avoid congregation outside the facility please do not arrive early and if queuing, you will be asked to maintain physical distancing.
- You will require your membership or fob to enter any IL facilities. If you have not booked an activity you will require to contact reception.
- As you enter the facility you will see safety signage and directional floor markings. Please take notice of these signs/markings as they are placed around the facilities for your awareness and safety.
- Physical distance spacing will be marked out in all areas and there will be floor markers and other visual reminders throughout the centre.
- Sanitiser stations will also be marked.
- Showers are for swimmers only will be available with reduced access, so please only bring the essentials. This must include a clean towel for your personal use only.
- It is mandatory to assist our staff and your fellow members by wiping down your equipment with the provided cleaning materials before and after use with the cleaning sprays and paper towels (please do not use a personal sweat towel).
- At the conclusion of your workout or class, please exit the building promptly, adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
Why are all facilities not reopening immediately?
Due to the long period of facility closure Inverclyde Leisure require to initially phase the reopening of facilities to ensure they are safe, viable and that we have the consumer demand to ensure these facilities are sustainable in the long-term future.
IL will frequently review this position and keep customers notified of the future reopening plans mainly on our website, IL App and social media platforms.
What will happen with my Direct Debt?
During the temporary closedown period customers memberships were frozen. When services resume your Direct Debit will automatically restart. If this service isn’t restarting, your Direct Debit will remain frozen.
If you have cancelled your Direct Debit you will need to re-join online at https://www.inverclydeleisure.com/enterprise/membership or contact the Membership team to restart your membership.
Why has the programming and times for customers / clubs altered?
Due to the restricted and phased approach in our core opening hours and reduced occupancy, Inverclyde Leisure have assessed and altered the facility programmes to meet the needs of government guidance and to control the safety to our customers within our facilities. The programme will be reviewed frequently, this may impact and limit access and ratios to gyms, classes, swimming pools and other activities.
What additional safety measures has Inverclyde Leisure taken to mitigate infection?
Training: all Inverclyde Leisure employees have undertaken Covid-19 awareness and Infection Control provided by our health and safety partner.
Sanitisation Stations: We have introduced sanitising stations with antibacterial sprays throughout the building. You must use these when you first arrive and during your visit.
Enhanced Cleaning Process: The centre and equipment will be sanitised regularly throughout the day and will be cleaned every night when the centre closes. Our teams will be carrying out regular cleaning and disinfection regimes throughout the day and between bookable sessions. We are also asking all customers to please clean each piece of equipment before and after use.
Protection: We have installed plastic protective shields at reception desks and will be providing PPE for our staff in line with Public Health guidance.
Social Distancing Measures: There are plenty of signs to guide you through our one-way system and to remind you to keep a safe social distance from employees and customers.
Bookings: All activities must be pre-booked. This is to ensure there is adequate safe space for you to participate in your chosen activity and to avoid large volumes of people all using the main entrance.
Cashless Payments: To help cut down possible contamination risks, cashless payments are now our preferred method of transaction. Cash will still be accepted at our reception.
Do I require to wear a face mask in IL facilities?
You must wear a face covering when accessing IL facilities to safeguard the safety to our customer and employees. You will not be expected to use the mask during your activity but we do require you to use it when entering and leaving the premises or if you are walking around the facility ( i.e. pool, gym etc) or a corridor, toilet or area where social distancing may be difficult.
You will not be required to wear a mask if you suffer from any of the health-related issues. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Children under the age of 11
- Customers who cannot put on a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability.
Am I healthy and ready for exercise?
As per NHS guidelines we ask you not to attend the facilities if you have any symptoms of coronavirus, if you are waiting for a corona test result, you’ve tested positive for corona virus or you live with someone/have come in to contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive. You should also note the guidance in our updated Health Commitment Statement.
Are changing rooms, showers or toilets available?
- Restricted toilets will remain open
- Changing rooms and showers will be open for swimmers only
- Changing rooms and showers will not be available for gym / fitness class users.
- Lockers will be initially unavailable.
How many people will be able to attend each session?
The capacity limit is different for every facility and is dependent on the size of the gyms and fitness classes. Capacity levels will be shown on the online booking platform.
What happens if I book a class and can't make it?
If members can't make or attend the class, please cancel your booking via our IL app or the online booking portal.
Why has some strength and condition equipment moved to the Greenock Sports Centre?
We have temporarily relocated some resistance equipment to Greenock Sports Centre to maximise the space required to safe physically distance within our gyms. IL will continue to review this area and it is planned to return to a CrossFit area in the future.
Are water stations / fountains available?
Initially all water fountains will not be in operation. We ask customers to bring their own water please.
Can I go swimming?
Initially pools will be able to reopen and structured lane swimming will be configured in double lanes each allocated a maximum capacity during the revised core opening hours.
As part of the phased opening approach only the Waterfront laned Pool and Gourock Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal) will initially open for designated lane swimming.
When can I take my Kids swimming?
Yes, there will be pre booked family swim sessions available on the IL app and website
Will swimming lessons be starting once the pool reopens?
Our lesson programme at the Waterfront shall restart at the mid to end of September.
When will the Ice Rink reopen for figure skating, ice hockey, lessons and curling?
Ice Rink preparation works are in progress for relaying the Ice and we will be engaging with all user groups. Potential reopening at the end of September.
When will the remaining outdoor parks and pitches reopen for football bookings?
IL will reopen the remaining outdoor pitches as part of our phased approach and when it is safe, viable and the demand is evident to do so. This will also be in line with governing body guidance.
When will the Town Halls, Community Centres and Community Hubs reopen?
These facilities will reopen on a phased basis when it is safe, viable and the demand is evident to do so
Need to contact us?
Please visit our website and social media platforms for more information and further reopening dates.
For membership subscription enquires or if you are unable to return to IL facilities at this time or prefer to wait until your current home club has reopened please let us know as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more general enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com should you have any further questions.